Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A LEPRECHAUN per DAY until St. Patrick's Day!

[LAST UPDATED: 03.15.2012]...
In honor of St. Patrick's day [but mostly because I've been working on a bunch of leprechaun character concepts (essentially just colored sketches) for a little side game project], I've decided to post one leprechaun per day until St. Patrick's day!  ...  And then maybe more afterwards.  I TOLDJOO all that I'd end up getting obsessed with leprechauns by working on this, 'cause I'm a sucker for mutant humanoids (my latest was a fascination with smurfs:  http://blognaude.blogspot.com/2008/05/smurfs-color-remix-done.html.  So without further ado, here they are, starting @ the top w/ the most recent...
...  Saturday, March 17th, 2012.  Hated the leprechaun ear-marked for today, THE MOST SPECIAL & LAST DAY IN THE SERIES, so decided to revamp one of the magical midgets in an earlier post in its place...
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
...  Friday, March 16th, 2012.  Tomorrow's leprechaun...  TODAY
...  Thurday, March 15th, 2012.  Not my fav. but what can ya do;)?

...  Thursday, March 14th, 2012.  To get you your leprechaun fix, I'm cheating today!  One of the great things about art, is how contagious it can be!  After seeing my blog theme for St. Patrick's Day, Jani Stephan, a second grade teacher @ Custer Elementary in Ferndale, WA [who also happens to be my mother-in-law] decided to use it as inspiration for an art project-  She challenged her students to whip up some leprechauns of their own-  Here [ABOVE] are the final and FANTASTIC results!
...  Tuesday, March 13th, 2012
...  Monday, March 12th, 2012
...  Sunday, March 11th, 2012, No pants= NO PROBLEM!

...  Saturday, March 10th, 2012

...  Friday, March 9th, 2012, HAPPY FRIDAY!
...  Thursday, March 8th, 2012
[You might recognize THIS guy from his crossover CutOut fame]
(Posting this a day early, because of a bit of free time this morning:))
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012...
There are a few others like this in which I'm just experimenting with different head shapes + features.
...  Tuesday, March 6th, 2012




...  Stop back by tomorrow for another in the series!


...  ENJOY!,
PATENAUDE

No comments: