Thursday, March 15, 2012

Random McRandomness...

Every once in a while I run across a bit of art that I _barely_ remember creating.  Sifting through old canvases, sketch pads, directories, etc.  Tonight I did just that while digging through some old art to repurpose for some tShirts.
In this case, I was shooting to create a small series using some of the components [characters + background elements] that I'd created for another series of which I ended up _hating_ the final product.  Since I actually kinda dug the elements/ components of this comps, I wanted these guys to have another go at it-  Anyway-  This is as far as they got [In-progress shots of PSD comps]...


...  Might dump more of this type of stuff on here in the future, if for no other reason than to not have them die in vain;)

Oh!  And here's another that I just stumbled across...
...  Forgot what year I incompletely whipped this guy up-  Maybe ~2009?  Have always REALLY dug him for some reason-  Might take him further in the future:)

...  ENJOY,
patenaude!

1 comment:

Junkyard Sam said...

Whoa, how did I miss this?

1) I love the screenshot of PS. It's kinda cool to see the work in progress on a screenshot like that... Like a modern day equivalent of a photo of a desk with a sketch on it!!!

2) The pumpkin patch guy is cool. Having the roots growing out of his head makes it seem like he belongs there, like a protector of the pumpkins. And I f'ing love your background environment BTW. Those trees, and how they sort of go off into the distance. Ahhh!!!!!

The guy kinda reminds me of the GOONIES monsterguy!!! Either that or how I worry I might look like when I get older.

Cool blog update!