Monday, April 7, 2008

art takes a back seat this weekend...

yes, my friends- every once in a while something comes up that and really puts everything into perspective. despite the fact that my life revolves around art, i realized this weekend that there are indeed things... or "people" that are more important...

after a test on his heart last Thursday, my dad was scheduled for an emergency triple bypass, early saturday morning. my wife, being the loving, caring person that she is, helped me realize that i needed to be down there for such a serious event, and a few minutes later i was booked on the red eye to dallas.

arriving @ 5:30AM, i was there in time to wish him luck, and send him off with a hug. as always, my dad pulled through with flying colors, and is recovering beautifully @ medical city in dallas, with the support of my wonderful family. and with a month or so, it sounds like he'll even be "new-and-improved"!

so. apologies for wandering so off-topic in this "art-centric" blog, but i couldn't help but share an event so heavy that shakes everything into perspective. hopefully it may inspire you to pause and reflect on your priorities as well:)


... patenaude

No comments: