Friday, June 20, 2008

PROMO WALL!

in an effort to really get a feel of what the final products will look like [art + frames], and to fill a little empty wall space in our guest bedroom, i've started printing out a few pieces, just for jen & me...

i'm calling it the "promo wall", with the intention that i'll use shots of it to "promote" the final products & show how the different pieces can work together. i think before i'm done, i'll add at least a few more pieces to the composition.
enjoy!
... patenaude

2 comments:

Junkyard Sam said...

Wow, you're right. Your stuff does look good framed. Especially with the thick frames like that. Very nice.

BTW have you ever tried getting a readymade frame and hand painting it? It's real fast - use a large brush... But when you end up with is a textured finish where the original color shows through a bit... and in the end it feels much artsier than just a stock frame. (Not that the ones you have are bad - I can't see them up close so I don't know.)

Anyhow, that handpainted frame thing - I did that for a couple pieces at my house. Takes maybe 15 minutes to get it out, paint it, set it to dry, etc.

I like seeing stuff in a frame. I should do that too. Might help people be more likely to buy.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.